Why Fitness is Important ? Top 7 Fact That You Need to Know
A person who is fit is capable of living life to its fullest extent.
Physical and mental fitness play very important roles in your lives. People who are both physically and mentally fit, are less prone to diseases and medical conditions.
What Is Physical Fitness ?
Physical fitness is a state of health and well-being and more specifically, the ability to perform sports, occupations and your daily life activities without feeling tired.
Fitness does not only refer to being physically fit, but also refers to a person’s mental state as well.
So, what’s all the fuss about? Why is fitness so important?
Here are 7 reasons why fitness is important:
1. Controls Weight and Improves Appearance
Physical fitness is the number one way to control your weight. Not only does exercising help you burn fat and lose weight, but it also helps you build muscle as well.
Fitness improves your appearance by helping you maintain your weight and muscle mass. It also helps you appear more bright, healthy, and vibrant. This in-shape image is attractive to others.
2. Boosts your confidence
You feel good, look attractive and the most important thing is your confidence level increases day by day.
Staying healthy helps to keep you look great. This increases your self-confidence level and improves your overall character and self-image. You feel fresh and good and strengthened throughout the day.
3. Makes you less prone to diseases
Being fit improves your health and reduces the risk of developing several diseases like type 2 diabetes, cancer and cardiovascular disease.
Physical activity and exercise can have immediate and long-term health benefits. Most importantly, regular activity can improve your quality of life.
4. Increases your life
Fitness makes your Lives longer—up to five years according to the American Journal of Preventative Medicine!
5. Boosts Mood, Happiness and Emotional Health
Fitness increases your mood and keeps you happier throughout the day. It reduces stress, improves memory and helps you sleep better at night.
6. Creates Better Social Relationships
When you feel better about yourself, it’s much easier to talk to new people to establish new relationships. It’s also easier to maintain and develop existing relationships. Fitness can even help you establish new social contacts.
7. Builds Important Life Skills
It helps you build important life skills like willpower, discipline, and determination that you will use in all aspects of your daily life.
Sticking to a regular workout routine isn’t always easy. Forcing yourself to do so develops discipline and translates to all other areas of your life. In short, you become a much better person.
How Can You Become More Physically Fit?
- Do at least a minimum of 30 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity on most, preferably all, days.
- Doing any physical activity is better than doing none. If you currently do no physical activity, start by doing some, and gradually build up to the recommended amount.
- Avoid junk foods, fizzy drinks, bad habits like smoking and alcohol.
- Make sure that you spend more time outdoors in the sun, and fresh air and take part in more healthy activities.
- Increases in daily activity can come from small changes made throughout your day. Such as walking or cycling instead of using the car, getting off a tram, train or bus a stop earlier. And walking the rest of the way, or walking the children to school.
These are the few benefits and importance of fitness. That you need to understand very clearly and as early as possible.
Share this content over the social network to help other so that maximum people get benefited.
Vishakha Goel is a content writer and Team member at fuckthedepression.com. She is currently pursuing B.tech in chemical engineering from AKTU. In addition to being a professional content writer, she has a knack for reading books. She is passionate about interacting with people and healing those who are going through Stress & Depression.