Ultimate! Life Hacks For Student To Increase Productivity & Happiness
As a student, you have to be social, get plenty of rest, take care of yourself, explore your options and study as well which might seem like a lot to do in less time, here we will talk about life hacks to increase productivity & happiness.
There are some smart techniques you can use to increase your productivity and ensure that there is time to lead a balanced life.
Here The Few Ultimate Life Hacks to Increase Productivity:
Start organizing everything because then you will be able to complete every work on time and will have enough time for every activity. There are various ways to organize things.
- Use sticky notes to take notes for quick review. Sticky notes are a handy way to keep reminding yourself of the math formula that you want to learn. Stick them near your bed and read it out every day after you wake up or whenever you are near your bed.
- Use the Evernote app or a notebook to take notes because creating your own short notes are more important than reading everything in the book. This will help you in forming a deep understanding of the topic.
- Color code everything because it helps you to separate and identify different subjects.
- Creating folders means you’ll be keeping your math notes and papers in the math folder, your chemistry notes in your chemistry folder, and so on. This will help you to easily review what you have learned on a daily basis and will make things easy to find and revise whenever desired.
Stay Focused In The Classroom:
- Try to be attentive in the class. When the teacher is giving a lecture, take notes and ask questions when you don’t understand something. The more questions you’ll ask, the more attentive you’ll be in the class. Taking notes helps you to think and helps you understand what is being taught.
- Try not to sit with your friends in the class or else you’ll spend your time gossiping with them instead of focusing on what’s going on in the classroom. Do not distract others and don’t be distracted by them.
- Keep a water bottle handy at all times. If you ever feel sleepy or bored just take a sip from your water bottle and you’ll feel better. Remaining hydrated also helps in keeping the brain activated as a result you’ll be more focused and attentive in the class.
Review your notes when you are in your room. Try to frame questions and doubts that you may have and write them down to ask your teacher afterward. Write your own notes as well because this will help you in creating a proper understanding of the topic.
Start reading more things related to the topic covered. You can do it online or find a textbook related to the topic in the library.
Mind maps are very helpful for understanding hard concepts and can be handy when you need to brainstorm ideas. Try to come up with as many ideas as you can.
If you get stuck somewhere, do some research for more information and repeat this step until you can no longer find any more ideas. It will be the best life hacks to increase productivity of yours.
Mind maps are amazing tools for revising for an exam or test.
It has been scientifically proven that a person’s pictorial memory is far better than textual memory. Try creating flowcharts and pictorial depictions as much as possible.
For example, instead of writing about the structure of the atom it’s better to draw the structure of the atom and label it with important information related to the various parts of the atom.
Make A Start:
We often tend to not start assignments and end up missing deadlines. All we need to do is start working on the assignment first because this is the most important step towards completing it. We often tend to complete what we start.
For example, if you have to write down an article, sit down and write the heading. Write down all the ideas that come to your mind. Don’t worry if most of them seem irrelevant since you are just starting and this isn’t the final copy of what you will be submitting.
Start forming sentences and organizing your ideas in a mannered way and “Eureka! You did it!”.
Yes! You read it right “STOP PROCRASTINATING”. You tend to delay your work and then you end up piled up with a lot of assignments and homework to do and very short deadlines.
Did you ever think how did you end up in this situation? Well, if you didn’t then here is the answer: you created them by not doing it at the time you were assigned to do it.
Life Hacks To Increase Productivity In Study:
Most of us sit down and start studying but have you ever wondered if there can be a better way to increase your productivity? Is there a better way to remember what you have learned and to perform better on your tests?
- You should always study in a distraction-free environment that is devoid of any kind of noise, music, mobile phones, laptops or whatever that distracts you.
- Choose to study in a clean and organized environment because it helps you to focus better. No wonder many people spend a lot of money to just buy a good working desk to work or study on. Never study in your bed.
- Sit with a water bottle. It is necessary to remain hydrated because the brain works efficiently.
- POMODORO TECHNIQUE– It is a time management method. The technique uses a timer to break down work into intervals, traditionally 25 minutes in length, separated by short breaks.
- Decide on the task to be done.
- Set the Pomodoro timer (traditionally to 25 minutes).
- Work on the task.
- End work when the timer rings and put a checkmark on a piece of paper.
- If you have fewer than four checkmarks, take a short break (3–5 minutes),go to step-2.
- After four pomodori (plural of Pomodoro), take a longer break (15–30 minutes), reset your checkmark count to zero, then go to step-1.
Life hacks To Be More Happy ?
“Mens Sana In Corpore Sano”
The above Latin phase means that a healthy mind resides in a healthy body. This implies to be happy you must make yourself physically fit.
You can do the following things to achieve happiness but happiness cannot be achieved unless you want to be happy. It takes no efforts to be happy. All you got to be is remain happy nothing else.
- Follow a balanced diet.
- Don’t forget to take your breakfast. It is considered to be the most important meal of the day.
- Avoid junk food.
- Drink a lot of water.2-3 liters of water is good for the body.
- Don’t laze around the house. Your body is designed for physical work.
- Wake up early and go out on a walk.
- Jogging in the morning is the best thing to do followed by Yoga.
- Try to walk as much as you can. World Health Organization (WHO) recognizes 10,000 steps per day to remain fit.
- Learn to love what you have.
- Start appreciating the little things in life.
- If you can’t truly love yourself you can’t love anyone as well.
- Everyone has flaws.
- Learn to embrace your flaws and stop hiding them.
- Be confident in life.
- Stop comparing yourself with others because if you are going to compare yourself with others than someone or the other person is going to be better than you.
- Adopt a positive outlook on life. Everything happens for a reason and everything is going to be in the end.
It’s best to try everything mentioned above and look for what works for you and what doesn’t. Not everyone is alike. Hence, different things work for different people.
Be honest with yourself about what’s getting you the best results, and go with it. Good luck!
Got any great Productivity or happiness hacks of your own that we didn’t cover? And tried any one of these hacks? Please share in the comments below!
Himanshi is a FTD Team member who writes content on fuckthedepression.com. She talks to people who are stressed and depressed, and tries to keep them motivated. In her free time, you can find her engrossed in a nail-biting thriller paperback or listening to music while sketching.